LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Omkar S Kumar (Staff)     23 July 2014

Can i file case against a ca firm

I had taken services of a CA firm last year to file some forms . The firm took my money and promised to get the work done in 3 months. But after after 6 months of payment the Firm said it will now take another 18 months due to some technicality. Neither they shared the technicality nor they reply with proper reason.  In between these 6 months the CA had kept assuring me on mails and calls that the work will be done by next month.

I feel cheated and frustrated. I had sent numerous mails, calls for the 6 months and they gave false assurances. Due to this I have lost critical time. They are also not refunding my money.

Can I approach a Consumer court or file a complaint in the civil court ? Can I also complain to relevant CA authorities ?

Please guide what should be done in this case.

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     23 July 2014

File complaint before District Consumer Redressal Forum having jurisdiction against CA firm for their deficiency in services and claim refund of paid money to them along  with compensation towards mental and physical agony. 

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     23 July 2014

Dear,

Write a letter to ICAI, thats the best way to set them right, because you never know how long the consumer forum case will continue and when you will get the relief. Better collect all the documents of the transaction and make a formal complaint regarding the same.

Advocate Kapil Chandna

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register