LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ratan Thakur (rcb)     06 June 2014

Can i fall in cyber law?

My wife is not staying with me. I have put an RCR. Recently by trial and error and putting her mobile number as her password of facebook, I have entered to her facebook account. I have found s*x chat happens between her colleague frequently. I have captured one video of such chat which talks about a past physical relation between them. I have enough proof that chat was happened between actual themselves not by fake account created by me. If I file 497 of IPC, can I fall in cyber law as I have entered my wife's facebook account without her knowledge? Please reply.

Learning

8 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     07 June 2014

U can file a complaint and let the fact be brought out by the investigating officer.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     07 June 2014

yes, it comes under cyber law and you can be prosecuted for hacking...

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     07 June 2014

Yes you have committed crime under law you can just keep the records with you and state during trial that you have knowleged of such hidden facts about your wife and can ask court to investigate the same accordingly but one false move will entrap you so its recommended to discuss the case with your lawyer and move forward in this case in no circumstances you should disclose how you got knowledged of her acts , but just you are suspicious of your wife activity and need court to trace and interven the same

Ratan Thakur (rcb)     07 June 2014

I could understand everyone. I have a five years old son staying with her. I thought this 497 case will help me in my child custody case. What should I do?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 June 2014

If you have clinching evidence to prove her adultery, proceed with it and bring her to book.  Let she go for a complaint against you for the offences of hacking her fb account, let she prove it, but she has got to repudiate your claim about her adultery, so will she go ahead with a complaint under cyber crime law against you?, in fact your complaint may help you to retain your kid with you in child custody case against her.

Ratan Thakur (rcb)     08 June 2014

Thank you Mr T Kalaiselvan

Rahul (ownerr)     06 July 2014

you dont have to say whole stuff brother just made up a good story say she forgot to sign out ...... i opened the browser and her msgs popped in front for me .... all the best 

mahendra limaye (Cyber Legal Consultant)     17 July 2014

There are certain decisions that in case of 498A if e-mail account is hacked and it is established that it was for genuine purpose,the act is not punishable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register