Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

uma   12 May 2015

Can i accept xerox copy of sale deed while registering

Hi,

While registering the sale deed at registration office, the seller has given me only xerox copy of the sale deed & partition deed, where the property I bought along with his other assets were mentioned and registered.

Wanted to check whether holding xerox copy of those documents appropriate with me?

Will there be any problems for me while selling this land in future?

Kindly let me know.

thanks
uma.

Learning

8 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     12 May 2015

how come you have only the xerox copy of the sale deed.is the original with the seller himself.you cant register property on your name with a xerox copy of the sale deed

uma   12 May 2015

Seller told that his other properties unsold and still with him (its true), they are mentioned in the original stamp papers. People at registration office told me that its the practice.

uma   12 May 2015

uma   12 May 2015

uma   12 May 2015

uma   12 May 2015

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     12 May 2015

ask the seller to give you original deed registered.  if he wants the same he may apply for a certified copy at sub Registrar office and they can give by collecting usual fees for the purpose.

uma   12 May 2015

Hi Satyanarana Garu,

Thanks for the reply. Seller told me that he will give certified copy of the old registration document from sub registrar office. Shall I accept the certified copy of old registration and keep it with me along with the latest execution?

I guess anyone can get the certified copy from sub registrar office, if document number and year is known.

I am particularly interested to know, how important is for me holding original old stamp papers Vs holding xerox / certified copy of the old sale/partition deed. Will it causes any problems for me when I try to sell the property in future?

thanks
uma.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register