LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

purva   26 August 2016

Can get marriage under "special marriage act" after nikan

I am a hindu girl, got married with a muslim boy after converting into Islam. but my parents are not agree with this marriage. can i get marriage again under "special marriage act" with out converting my religion.

Learning

6 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     26 August 2016

Since you have converted to Islam you can't register the marriage under special marriage act.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     26 August 2016

And since marriage is already over you can't remarry under the act as you had asked

Mukesh sharma (job )     26 August 2016

Hi why you want to marry again with special marriage act and whom to marry 

if you not care of your parents when you marry to mulslim guy than why now 

plz clear your motive 

thanks 

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     27 August 2016

You can get your Muslim marriage registered under the Special Marriage Act,1954. Section 15 of the Act provides for the registration of any marriage solemnised according to another form and after the Registration of Muslim marriage under the Special Marriage Act,1954 your marriage will be covered under this Act and not according to Muslim Shariat law, this will protect you as a wife being divorce easily by husband according to shariat law by triple divorce process and divorce under the Special Marriage Act,1954 is not easy process for anyone.

purva   31 August 2016

Thanks Mr. Mahajan. i have got married in 2015 can it is possible to registered muslim marriage under  special marriage act??

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     01 September 2016

Yes your Muslim Marriage can be registered under the Special Marriage Act,1954.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register