Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anilpandey   30 January 2018

Can expectation of favourable judgment be contempt of court

Dear Learned Members,

I have to write a letter to our client for the let him know the status of the case going in the Hnoab'l High court of Jabalpur. In the letter i have mentioned that we have won the case from civil court and now the matter in high court with our strong point of view, we expect that the case would be decided in our favour. 

So now my question is that the sentence written above in underline for expecting the case in our favour can be lead to contemp of court. pl. clarify whether expentation of favourable judgment is amount to some hidden links like bribe someone .

With Regards

Anil Pandey

Legal Office 

Learning

6 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     30 January 2018

Why do you want to write any letter?  He knows the status of the case himself.  There is no need at all for you to tell him about the status of the case.  Better concentrate on the case instead of such cheap activities.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     30 January 2018

No Prophecy in LCI.

TGK REDDI   30 January 2018

It's no contempt.

anilpandey   31 January 2018

Dear R.Ramchandran sir,

Sorry to say that i have posted a brief the matter, now i let me you complete matter. I am working in a company as a legal officer for compliance issue, my company deals in Thermal power Plant Erection works for various client like NTPC & BHEl etc etc.. and we have Hire sub-contractor for man power needs and we the sub-contrators are belongs to us not to NTPC or our any client for any liabilty. Now one of our sub-contractor has requested NTPC to not to release our payment (i.e my UML) since there is case pending in high court betweeen UML & sub-contractor.

In this respect our client is asking a letter for releasing our payment with contents that NTPC is not liable for our sub-contractor and the case is b/w UML and its subcontractor only. 

therefore we have to let the NTPC know about the case statuse our position in the case.

thanks

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     01 February 2018

Expressing opinion in public or writing to the judge can be contempt of court. Correspondence between two private parties cannot be contempt of court.

TGK REDDI   01 February 2018

Glad to hear Dr MPS Ramani after so much time.     He's a great Member.

Expressing opinion in public is, according to Sections 5 and 6 of The Contempt of Court Act, not contempt.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register