Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishi (Lecturer)     28 April 2013

Can employer terminate if previous job not mentioned

Sir kindly help me regarding this mtter:

I have applied in a UP govt autonomous engineering college, when I was working in a PSU. As per rule of PSU they will not forward the application during bond period, so I have not mentioned  PSU job in that application. Now I got selected in that government autonomous college. I have resigned and paid the bond amount to PSU and they have relieved me. I have joined the college. Now if at this point of time I show my previous service by putting a application to college, Now if they want, can they terminate my service on this ground that why you have not mentioned previous job or what other action they can take like they will not consider that service.  If they terminate, how much chance for me to save myself in the court? As I have left PSU job for this job and paid a bond of Rs. 3 Lakh to PSU.   I have done some around 3.5 yrs of service in PSU.

Learning

3 Replies

Mrityunjay108 (service)     29 April 2013

Same case, I left one PSU, joined another without showing my previous exp.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 April 2013

You have submitted just the resume or you have submitted the prescribed Employment application form of the new employer, attestation form etc………….to the college.

The college may ask to submit updated resume again and ask to fill other employment related forms at the time of joining.

At this juncture you have the option of approaching the concerned personnel to accept updated resume and remove previous resume mentioning inadvertent error.

The new employer may accept or may not accept.

However it is usually mentioned that if BGV or any statement in employment application etc is found to be false the employment shall be terminated.

If you were inclined to pay the bond amount to PSU, why did you conceal the employment with PSU? There was no reason or benefit to conceal.

What did you get out of it?

Employee should always consult in advance before acting in haste and repenting later.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 August 2013

well elaborated by Mr Kumar Doab

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register