Can childrens get mothers caste certificate in Karnataka

Can my childrens get her mother's caste certificate in Bangalore, Karnataka,, as she is from SC and I am from upper caste,, since marriage my children and myself have been living with my wife family and my childrens follow there traditional and culture,,, But as per supreme Court order and judgement copies I went to banashankari taluk office,,, The officer is rejecting the documents of my children's saying supreme Court order is only for Gujarat or Andhra Pradesh case it does not apply to Karnataka,, shocked to here this😳??? They asking me show at least single this type case in Karnataka. Can any one provide me good suggestion or advice what can be done much awaiting for.your valuable replies,, Looking forward Chandra shekar

Advocate

I wish the lady members of this forum to responds to this query.

Advocate

No. children shall get certificate of caste of their father only.

Advocate

supreme court order is applicable in all states of India. case law differs from facts of the case.

Dear Siddhartha Sir,, much thanks for the reply,, as I do not believe in any caste just humanity is the only caste,,, I do not know why my wife is insisting to provide my second girl child to provide her caste,, as she believes there are government privileges but once my child leaves India who damn cares or considers caste globally,, it's of no value-- sir,, plz do suggest is there any chances of getting the child of her caste certificate,,, if supreme Court order applies for all the states why not karnataka???

Scientist/Engineer

Advocate Siddharth Srivastav is not  correct.  When one of the parents belong to a caste, which can avail the benefits of reservation, the right to reservation of the child is decided on the basis of whether the child was brought up in the surroundings with the disabilities of the caste to which reservations are availble or not. For instance if the child lived with or without you among the people of the caste of his/her mother, he/she is entitled for the reservations. In your case the child should get caste certificate if you can prove the facts. There is a supreme court judgment on this. If you want to know send me your email. LCI does not allow attachments these days.

Scientist/Engineer

You can file a case against official citing the judgment. At first approach his superior officer. You may follow or not the caste system. But no one can deny you, your rights under the law.

Advocate

In India except lawyer every body claims to be expert in law. It is disgusting to see that various non legal persons without making any labour to ascertain the facts and examining the law gives their expert opinion. I request such quacks to check law before commenting to legal propositions.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu