Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

All is NOT well (Harrased by Biased Laws)     04 September 2016

Can b.tech student can take admission in llm directly?

Dear Ld. Experts,

I am a B.Tech and a Software Engineer. I am a victim of biased matrimonial laws of the coutry favoring erronous wives and fighting false cases since last more than 5 years. During this tenure I have studied the  CPC, CrPC, Hindu Law,IPC etc - not as a acemdimics but just to understand law better to fight hard my cases.

Now during my court hearings I learnt that a lawyer can say anything in court  but a peson like me who doesn't have black coat and degree, they cannot say anything - judge doesn't allow to say them anything even thogh the person has the good factual and tecnical knowlege about the case.

Thus I decided to turn this to have a law degee in shorter time. Since I am hodling a Bachelor's B.Tech degree and working as a Software engineer since quite couple of years, Can I persue L.L.M. one year course without going for L.L.B three year course.

Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

KS Johal   04 September 2016

Generally the answer will be no. You must understand that LLM is a one-year course and is at Masters level whereas the LLB course is a 3 year course which is at bachelors level. It is regarded that somebody studying the law at Masters level have a firm understanding of the law at bachelors level. Some universities may do the conversion course but you must understand if that is the case then your knowledge will be limited because there are certain things that you would have not studied. The advantage will be to the university and not to yourself if you intend to practice law at court. Please let me know if the information that is provided has helped you in anyway or not.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 September 2016

Check with Bar Council.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     05 September 2016

You got to first complete llb to join llm.alternatively if you want to gain only knowledge of law then you can pursue bgl or bal degree through DDE from alagappa university

Rajesh Rana   27 June 2023

I am b.tech student now law direct to llm, yes,no

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register