Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Veerendra   22 September 2019

Can an apartment be converted into commercial

Dear all eminent lawyers,

I am a dentist  practicing in a one room kitchen flat for the last 29 years. I have been practicing before the scoiety was formed. The society was formed 27 years ago.  I have been paying commercial charges to the society,

But the apartment is still recorded as residential in BMC records and society has been paying property tax by residential rate to BMC.

I want to know if the property can be converted into commercial in BMC records ? If yes , what is the procedure.

Hope to see many responses and many thanks in advance for the same.

Regards,

Veerendra Darakh

Learning

5 Replies

Shashi Dhara   22 September 2019

Take permission from concerned authority .

Veerendra   23 September 2019

Who is the concerened authority ? What is the process ? What documents are required ? How much time is the process expected to take ?

If possible, please enlighten me on the above.

Shashi Dhara   23 September 2019

If it belongs to municipality,in municipality office, ifit is nagarasabha,Nagarasabha office, Mahanagara phalike ---;

Shashi Dhara   23 September 2019

Give requisition letter along with necessary documents i.e your education certificate practising place area no objections from neighbours

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     10 October 2019

At first you apply to the Society stating all facts and seeking their permission for use as a dental clinic. Then you apply to the establishment section of your ward for permission to run the clinic. I think the matter comes under the Shops and Establishments Act, 1948.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register