Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachin kumar (Software Engineer)     23 October 2012

Can an affidavit be used as id and address proof.

My parents doen't have any address or Id proof. I want to apply for a PAN card for them. Can an affidavit be used as address and id proof ? Does It require some special amount of stamp paper ? Kindly clearify.

Learning

8 Replies

Adv. Nikhil Seth (legal consultant (9867264707))     23 October 2012

you can make affidavit stating that this is your address and get it notarised . You can take on 100 rs. stamp paper . But it also depends whether the department you are applying are willing to accept affidavit as address proof.

1 Like

sachin kumar (Software Engineer)     23 October 2012

In the website of PAN CARD, India. It is written that they accept   " Certificate of Address/Identity signed by Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councillor or a Gazetted Officer is required to file the same in prescribed format only. 

I would like to know If a Notary Public is a Gazetted Officer  or not?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 October 2012

notary is not a Govt officer leave aside being gazetted.

sachin kumar (Software Engineer)     26 October 2012

And what about Advocates, who sign and provide seal on Affidavit ? Ca they be considered as Gazetted officers?

Pooja Patil (manager)     26 October 2012

gazetted officer means class 1 officer like magistrate, branch manager of nationalised banks, directors of psu,

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 October 2012

sorry Pooja you are wrong.  All gazetted officers are not class.I.

Bank and PSU officers are not gazetted.

vinayak (employed)     19 December 2012

Gazated officer are those whose appointment is notified in government gazate and who are in direct governent employment like CMO, Principal of recongnized colleges etc.

E Drafter   01 August 2016

You can draft the Address proof Affidavit on the Stamp Paper stating that the Deponent has no other address proof, draft the Affidavit paying the relevant Stamp Duty to the government and make it notarized and then you can use the affidavit for the address proof.

For more info about Address proof Affidavit you can refer this link - https://www.edrafter.in/form-address-proof/

Note - Notary Public is not the Gazetted Officer both are different. Notary Public notarize the Documents with his seal and signature and Gazetted Officer is a officer who have a Authority to issue an official stamp comes from the President of India or the Governors of States.

You have to make your Affidavit Notarized!

Regards,

Team eDrafdter

eDrafter.in - Drafts your Document

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register