Can an advocate be permitted to do job in pvt sector

manager

can an advocate be permitted to do job in pvt sector,

i got an offer but i dont want to lose my license, i have read this citation, but it is for govt employee,

-Satish K. Sharma v. The Bar Council . JT 2001 (1) (SC) 236: AIR 2001 SC 509.

pls guide me

Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com

Dear manju

if you want to join any private sector then informed the BCI about this till your job you license will not  be terminated but you have lost your right to practice till job. 

Total likes : 1 times

Asst.Manager Lega

Dear Manju sharma,

According to Advocates Act, an advocate should not engage in full time profession other than law practice.  But he can work as part time lecturer in Law colleges and be a legal consulant in private companies.

VIJAY

will tell you later

In LPO,The advocates retain their licenses and do the job..

manager

can I join as manager, or May I join as managemnt consultant.

in fact the  concern is of my relative and they wants to employ me.

pls guide in detail.

I agree with Vijay kumar. You can listen to the expectation of your family first and then take decision so GOOD LUCK

Senior Assoicate advocate

You can apply for the suspension of your license till the time you work in private, and you can inform the bar to lift the suspension of license and you can practise from that period. or else you will be penalised as per the Sdvocates Act.

corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

@Manju: Why not but provided it does not interfere in your normal practise. Right to life is also right to livliehood and Advocates Act cannot over rule the Constitution of India. Many  Advocates on record pratise all over through Registrars,lover court advocates. Many Supreme Court judges have setup Mega empires through their progeny advocates like many in the Bar Council itself. Still to on safer side you take the permission of the Bar Council. Just inform them but don't ask for permission as informing is a better deal than asking and if Bar Council does not notice than they shoulld get out of Bar Council. Then you also take expicit permission of the Supreme Court,rasing defects in the Advocates ACT vis a vis the Constitution of India.

will tell you later

In that case if any aggrieved party think reasonably that Advocate Act is bar to its funadmental right, it better to challenge the provisons of law through Appropriate Writ Jurisdiction

manager

isn't there any loop hole exist? in current scenario

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu