Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Anand (Trainee)     24 May 2015

Can a wife file multiple firs in policestation?

Hi All,

My sister has seen a recent television program wherein a caller (husband) mentioned that his wife filed multiple FIRs in various policestations (under areas of his parental home, marital home, place of work and her parental home). Is this practically possible? 

I was presuming it has to be only in jurisdiction of marital home or where the violence reallistically took place. 

After this TV program, my sister has been advicing me to be more careful from my cruel wife as my MCD/498a quash is in processing. What if myself n my wife go ahead (with quashing of 498a to proceed ahead with MCD) and finally the other police stations approach me after divorce, about other dormant FIR cases which my wife filed? I know it sounds silly and not practical in most cases......but Is there a police or legal threat to me even after we get divorced (at end of the 6 months period of filing MCD)?

Learning

5 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     24 May 2015

My sister has seen a recent television program wherein a caller (husband) mentioned that his wife filed multiple FIRs in various policestations (under areas of his parental home, marital home, place of work and her parental home). Is this practically possible? 

YES

I was presuming it has to be only in jurisdiction of marital home or where the violence reallistically took place. 

they can make false allegations and can create jurisdiction anywhere in india

After this TV program, my sister has been advicing me to be more careful from my cruel wife as my MCD/498a quash is in processing. What if myself n my wife go ahead (with quashing of 498a to proceed ahead with MCD) and finally the other police stations approach me after divorce, about other dormant FIR cases which my wife filed? I know it sounds silly and not practical in most cases......but Is there a police or legal threat to me even after we get divorced (at end of the 6 months period of filing MCD)?

in MCD - put a clause that - both the parties are withdrawing all the cases filed against eachother & wont claim anything in future. thats all

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     25 May 2015

Just because it has happened somewhere,why do U presume That it would happen to U also.Concentrate on MCD and quash.

Rajesh Anand (Trainee)     03 November 2015

@ Amit: Thank you

@Sainath Devalla: I never attended even one session of DVC & 498a until now since I have taken stay right from beginning. Finally my wife's lawyer has requested to cancel the stay so they could quash their DVC & 498a and proceed with MCD on my conditions. My DVC & 498a quash is already done and my MCD is being processed. 

I am not presuming that the error in case referred in live TV Prgram will recur in my case. It is just that I dont want to leave any gaps in my legal documentation which would give my opposition lawyer a chance to use the loopholes in a wrong manner. So I am being extra cautious.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     03 November 2015

So ultimately U have responded after 5 months.Good luck.

Rajesh Anand (Trainee)     03 November 2015

Sorry Sainath ji! I was in middle of job shift so missed checking ur previous reply. I just digged into all my unread responses today.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register