Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srijit Kumar (Director)     28 June 2013

Can a son stop his mother from selling a property

Hi,

I with my wife and son staying with my parent in my mother's house which has been given by father to her, both of them are alive. Now my parents want to sell the house and move to a flat and give the entire money to my sister. Can I stop them from selling the house or claim my share from it.

Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

@Querist,

The answer to your query is 'Negative'.{If the house is a self-acquired property by your father}

Further...{Only if a genuine need arises thereof}

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Srijit Kumar (Director)     28 June 2013

Hi,

thanks for your prompt reply. I know that its not possible but can you please tell if I am eligible to claim my share from the sell of the house(if yes then what will be my share) or is there any means by which I can delay the sale by anymeans.

They want to sell the house as they do not want to stay with us but we do not have issues with staying with them. Just for the information, they are not dependent on me neither am I.

Recently they have started indirect psychological torture on us so that we leave the house.

Thanks

(Guest)

@Querist,

There is no soultion of your query.The only solution,I see,is to talk to your parents and solve the problem amicably.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declartion given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

prakharved (Medical officer)     02 July 2013

@srijit

It is the prerogative fo the of your parents to sell the house if it is a self acquired property of your parents. You could try to delay this making frivolous cases against them, but it would be of no use, and only your relation with your parents would suffer. As has been suggested , you should look forward to solving the matter amicably.

If you require further legal expertise, you can log on to www.lawkonect.com. You can get the legal opinion on your options from practicing property lawyers.

Regards

2BHelpfull (Other)     02 July 2013

if the property is self acquired by ur father n mother then they can deal with the property as per there wish.

its better to talk to ur parents and find the solution. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register