LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal (Sef Employed)     16 August 2014

Can a report be filled?

Today at the ATM I was waiting in queue to withdraw cash ,the person inside the ATM was talking more than usual time .he was talking on the mobile phone while using. When I objected he abused and threaten to asault me. He completed his transaction .. I went inside ignoring him ( during the altercation no one supported me but watched..common thing in metro's). Later after completing my transaction  when i stepped outside the atm he was waiting for me to come out..  i went in the opposite direction and it was a crowded place so he didn't do anything.

I am a bit worried about this incident..he can be traced through the atm camera and transaction time slip if I go to the police, but I am wondering whether the police will register a complaint in this issue

Learning

4 Replies

Vishal (Sef Employed)     17 August 2014

Dear members, pls give advice on this matter..many would let go of such incident..but I want action to be taken

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 August 2014

You cannot take any action against him when he has not done any wrong thing to you, if you keep worrying over such silly issues, you will lose your peace.

LoneFighter (IT)     23 August 2014

I agree with Kalaiselvan sir, 

@Vishal: courts have lot of 'real' cases to deal with. Please dont waste court's time with minor things. You will not have peace if the wholething starts.

Ashok, Advocate (Lawyer at Delhi)     23 August 2014

Abusing you may be an offence under Section 504 of Indian Penal Code (depending upon facts) and threatening you may be an offence under Section 506 of IPC. However, both these offences are non-cognizable offences in which the police does not the power to register the FIR but can only record your complaint as NC offence (i.e., non-cognizable). But, you can directly approach the court which has the power to take action in the matter.

However, as advised by some other members, it may be better if you ignore the incident which did not cause any physical harm to you and because you may perhaps never come across that person again in your life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register