Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karthikeyan (Manager)     22 September 2014

Can a release deed be cancelled

Hi, 

My name is karthik, Below is my query.

Let me give an idea about the whole problem.

We have a property which came from my Great Grand father's Father. My Great Grand father had 4 siblings, he made a cash settlement to them and got hold of the Property and gave the same to his son's, i.e My Grand father and his brother, they in-turn made a partition as below.

2511sq.ft Property which is divided between 2 Brothers(My Grand father and his brother).

During the time of this above partition both of them wrote 50% to there respective sons and kept the other 50% on there names.

Now in this case my Grand father is died and eventually the 50% in his name comes to his Hiers(i.e My Dad, My Grand Mom and My 2 Aunts)

In the total 2511 sq.ft, 1255.5 Sq.ft belong to our family, in which my Dad already holds 50% i.e 627.75 Sq.ft, the other 627.75sq.ft belongs to my Grand father, since he is no more it eventually goes to his hiers(i.e My Dad, My Grand Mom and My 2 Aunts)

My Grand Mom and one of my aunt gave a Release Deed in favour of my Dad for which we gave a compensation and after that my aunt alone goes and cancels the deed.

So just want to know that if there is a possibility to Do so? please let me know.

Thanks in Advance!

Learning

1 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     04 April 2015

did you register the release deed.if so unless and until the release deed has been obtained through fraud and force the release deed cant be cancelled and that through it has to be done by filing a petition in the court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register