Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sridhar V Sridhar (Employee)     22 January 2017

Can a husband get back of a two wheeler from wife?

Can a husband get back possession of a two wheeler from his wife living separately since one year and contested divorce has been filled by husband recently. The vehicle is registered in the name of husband and all EMIs paid by him through his salary.

Learning

7 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     22 January 2017

File the case u/s 406 ipc.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Sridhar
Can a husband get back possession of a two wheeler from his wife living separately since one year and contested divorce has been filled by husband recently. The vehicle is registered in the name of husband and all EMIs paid by him through his salary.

Hey kid,

Dont you have keys to your scooter?  Just go and ask for keys and take your scooter. Dont go to court  etc for such silly reasons as foolishly suggested by above gentleman!  Once you get caught in legal web, you wont come out of it.  

Whatever might be the reason for your wife staying away from you, everything can be solved just by means of talking.

Approaching court/police will make your life worse.

1 Like

Sachin (N.A)     22 January 2017

@useless hand

No reply to fools like you.

(Guest)
Let's keep the forum decent. Anyway in my humble opinion, going legal isn't worth it. Find out other ways to take bike like make duplicate keys by locksmith or just grab n go one fine day. Since it's yours no one can complain about it. If nothing works, just send legal notice to hand over bike and if that fails, go to nearest PS ask a constable to accompany you to her house and take back vehicle.

Lonely_Guy   22 January 2017

Scooty is in your name. Lawyers have advised right. Make keys and take away scooty. If you do not have RC of scooty, go to govment website https://parivahan.gov.in/rcdlstatus/?pur_cd=102 and get online copy of RC from registration number. All the best.

Sridhar V Sridhar (Employee)     22 January 2017

Thank you all

Rakesh B.S   31 May 2023

Hi I'm RAKESH BS

From mysore

My wife as taken my bike but all the documents are there in my name I went to police to to give complaint against bike police called her to police station but from her side ASI called to police station and told bike as given to her husband so  ASI told to return bike to her but bike documents are in name how can I give after divorce 

In front of judge she asked only dress I want so I gave all the things but she didn't ask bike in front of judge  bike matter as not discuss

She took bike also and gold Mangalasutra cost of 175550rs 

If she wants bike she as to return gold Mangalasutra 

She is not giving? 

So I don't know how to solve this problem 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register