Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adv Bijendra Nath Chaubey (Tax Professional)     26 June 2018

Can a delhi lawyer do practice to pan india tax authorities

Hi,

May anyone suggest me that an advocate enrolled with Delhi Bar Council doing practice as Tax Advocate, can do practice also in Chandigarh Tricity in the the same field if wants to open its own chambers? Please suggest me on the following issues:

1.Can he be present to Chandigfarh Tricity Tax Authorities by presenting its Vakalatnama by mentioning its Delhi Bar Council License ot he will have to mentional Vakalatnama of the local enrolled advocates?

2. Can he be present to the Drug Controller  / Drug Licensing Authorities for grant of License or to file reply of show cause notices in concerned cases if any in Chandigarh Tricity by mentioning Delhi Bar Council License on its vakalatnama?

3. Can he apply for Trademark for his clients to the concerned authorities without being an Trade Mark Agent?

I humbly request to senior counsels to advise me with citation in such cases. Please those people do not reply who have no solid answers or have only estimations or logic.

Waiting for your reply.

Learning

3 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     26 June 2018

Please refer to section 30 of the Advocates Act, 1961. I believe we can practice in any Court pan India. Though there is a separate rules for filing cases before the Patna High Court and the Supreme Court of India.

1 Like

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     26 June 2018

The answer for all your 3 questions is YES. Having enrolled himself at any one of the State Bar Councils, an Advocate can present the Vakalatnama by mentioning his enrolment number at the Forums which you have mentioned.  (The problem arises only at some of the District / High Courts (not at the Forums mentioned by you) where High Court Rules prevails, according to which to make an appearance a link of a local advocate is a must)   

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 June 2018

I have posted many time about HC rules and these prevail..

For other forums has your appearcne been objected upon?

If yes, let the person that objected cite justifying objection,.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register