Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pradeepsingh   28 January 2015

Can a closed case order be reopened?

Hi Experts,

Need your advice on reopening a closed case. My father invested the entire amount to buy a residential plot by paying the entire amount and got the registration done on his and his brothers name. His brother now claims the property belongs to him and had filed a case for the same. After 10 years of struggle, my father got to a compromise by accepting certain amount of money by his brother and withdrew the case. But, now after my father's death, we (myself & my mother) have realised that the amount my father compromised was for a very less amount as compared to the market value. The order was released by the court saying that the amount be handed over to my father and the related documents be transferred to my father's brother which has already been completed. Now, my mother and me want to reopen the case citing that the compromise was for a very less value. Can you please advice if the case can be reopened? The court order was issued on 12 June 2014. Any suggestion / help is highly appreciated.

Warm Regards

Pradeep

Learning

1 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     28 January 2015

Dear, If everything has come on record of the court and the property is being transferred in your father's brother name then it becomes little difficult, you can call me if you want a way out .... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register