Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ajmal (student)     26 August 2018

Can a CS having LLB can practice in court?

If I have cs membership and llb degree can I practice as an advocate.?
If not what is the benefit I get having an llb degree as Iam a CS?

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)
No as per Advocates Act 1961 only a person who has been enrolled as Advocate can practice as Advocate .This is so because no person can practice two professions at a time.The same is contrary to ICSI Act 1980 as well..

Can a whole time company secretary having membership of ICSI can practice as an advocate.

(Guest)
Irrespective if any kind of membership, If u cannot practice is a an advocate., unless u quit the ICSI membership...

(Guest)
Irrespective of any kind of membership, If u cannot practice is a an advocate., unless u quit the ICSI membership...

Do a company having below paid up capital of 5 crore need statutory service of a company secretary?

TGK REDDI   27 August 2018

You can, without permission of the court, represent your own cases and, as a recognised agent, represent others' cases also    with the permission of the court, however.

Of late,  there's a proposal to exercise discretionary power in matters of own cases also.

Permission in both the instances is, I think, judge made law.

Such judicial activism is selfish.

Many judges, many advocates and many members of staff of courts acknowleged that I know better than many advocates.  But some judges compel me to contract an Advocate.    Selfishness is at work.

Parties-in-person are shamelessly driven back.

A decade ago my case was dismissed in the Supreme Court.   Illegally.     Shamelessly.

A clerk of the Supreme Court then said, " More than 99% of the cases of parties-in-person are dismissed."

Caeser's wives!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 December 2018

Be it PIP or a counsel; Share what you know and grow.

PIP; Party in Person (Properly Informed Persons) ( Personally Interested Persons)

The properly informed persons have been/are/shall always be the Need of Time.

PIP can support oneself/family/friends/society/community/nation…everyone.

One instance is enough to kindle the fire within and make anyone properly informed.

One instance is never enough to deter.

Barring some instances the judiciary has provided relief.

There is NO dearth of good Presiding Officers, PIP, Counsels.

And there should not be.

PIP and counsels are always needed.

In ancient times when there was NO law degree, even during reign, King’s era, in colonial times when there wasn’t/was law degree, PIP (wise men/women) were in demand.

Study of military archives would reveal that any community/marshal communities supplied generals that fought and won battles. They were ordinary men without/with qualification but still lead battles.

The PIP’s in courts have to devise and follow their own codes of conduct so that they are seen as repelling. One of the strikingly common reason might be that PIP may be un-compromising and might be seen as One that would revolt/rebel and act in unpardonable manner against anyone; whoever IT may be. 

If they are not seen as repelling they shall win cases; may be more than anyone else.

IT is difficult to become PIP but not impossible.

Many of Presiding Officers may openly tell that they gain from PIP’s knowledge and conduct of cases.

Many counsels listen to PIP carefully and read their drafts and ask for copies and get copies and keep copies.

However IT is better if a litigant is properly supported by a very able LOCAL counsel.

See the results of Mr. Subramanian Swamy, pairing of IAS officer Mr. Ashok Khemka and his counsel(s).. Dr. Raju Narayana Swamy, Mr. Tukaram Mundhe, Mr. U.Sagayam, Mr. P.S. Appu….

Many have christened their own slogans and motto;

“It is useless to question the motives of bast**ds. They just do what they do, and it is our duty to stop them.

Reject bribes, hold your head high”

TGK REDDI   01 January 2019

I refer to the above reply.

There is no dearth of good Presiding Officers.

What a joke!

An honest Presiding Officer is a white crow.

Unruly party-in-person is quite rare.    But party-in-person is often sent to jaily grudgeously. 

Using such words as b*st*rds and stupids are resorted to exclusively by Experts in lawyersclubindia as if they only have the discretion to use them.     

In my opinion they only deserve such words.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register