Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raja pandian (SAP consultant)     16 May 2017

Can a 70 yrs old man donate his property to temples without the consent of his wife.

Hi, i am raja, my father is 70 yrs old, he decided to donate a property in his name to a temple in the town. He decided so bcos of the anger on us as my daughter got love marriage a i supports her marriage. But my father refused to accept my daughter marriage as its an inter caste marriage. So as a result of showing his vengence he decided to write a will that a property( a house we r living) in his name in favor of a temple belongs to our caste trust. But my mother and we are not interested in doing so. Now is there any way to stop my father writing that will legally by my mother or by us. The property s in his name and its his own self earned property. Do my mother has legal rights in stopping my father from writing that will. Need experts opinion in this matters. Thankyou. My father also mentally disturbed as he cant able to walk and move individually as he got his cervical bone fractured in a road accident, he cant climb in footstairs, he cant go out alone. What we can do to stop writing the will sirs.

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 May 2017

It is believed that you are all Hindu.

Confirm!

A Hindu male can dispose his self acquired property in his life time by a valid/registered  deed e.g; WILL in anyone’s favor.

The WILL shal be valid if he is mentally sound.

Try to convince him with request,compassion and care.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 May 2017

• The testator may demonstrate that he or she has the capacity to dispose of their property ("sound mind"), and does so freely and willingly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register