Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Moh (dr)     26 November 2015

Buying property in mumbai

hi

I am an NRI. I am planning to buy a house in mumbai. I am not taking loan. Father using power of attorney to buy in my name. In UK, all property papers are checked by solicitor before buying. 

is it a must to get property papers checked in mumbai?

My father is of the opinion that there is no need to check  as the Building is registered and previous owner has the property in his name. the Property papers needs to be checked only if it is a new building. Also, I understand the process in Mumbai is computerised and more regulated. so, no chance of fraud.

Thanks for your help

Learning

1 Replies

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     27 November 2015

Hi,

What is your question?

First of all i disagree with the statement, "there is no need to check  as the Building is registered and previous owner has the property in his name "  and also that "the Property papers needs to be checked only if it is a new building "

It's always advisable to do the title search of the property by verifying various property realted documents and current status of the property. 

You can just refer my article 

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/Legal-documents-to-be-checked-before-buying-a-property-in-India-6944.asp#.Vlf7S3YrLIU

Adv. Yogen P. Kakade

Jurycon Incorporation

Advocates & Consultants
Email: juryconincorporation@gmail.com
Web: www.juryconn.in  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register