LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradeep   15 June 2015

Buying of Agricultural Land

Sir I am from Uttarakhand and want to purchase agricultural land in Bhuj but as it is clear from various posts that legally I am not entitled to buy Agri land in Gujarat. One of my friend is farmer in Bhuj, we are planning to purchase some land in partnership Please clarify : (1) Is there any legal means of doing this. (2) Can he give me Power of Attorney because land can only be purchased on his name. (3) What if I want to transfer/sale my part of land. (4)Can he sale the whole land without my permission. (5) Please suggest the best legal way to it. (6) What if I purchase non agri land and do farming on it.

Learning

2 Replies

anwar (na)     16 June 2015

point 1) u must be a farmer to buy agriculture land in part of country expect the stat of andhra 

i simple you can buy land in partnership so pls think n do 

regards 

Anwar.Ali 

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     16 June 2015

(1) if you are not farmer in Gujarat then u can not purchase Agriculture land in Gujarat state. (2) Partnership is not valid because u are not farmer in gujarat state. (3) U make MoU with your friend who are farmer in gujarat then he purchase land as per condition of MoU. (4) if u make Power of Attorney u can use full stamp duty as per Gujarat stamp act.(5) U purchase Non-Agriculture land and use for farmring but then u are not called Farmer of Gujarat. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register