Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tariq Iqbal (Not applicable)     24 November 2014

Buying an hmda layout plot in shadnagar

Hello All,

I am planning on buying an HMDA layout plot at Shadnagar.  I would like to seek legal advise to ensure the property I am looking to buy is free from any defects.

I  have asked the seller to provide the encumbrance certificate.  First, he provided one of the two encumbrance certificate.  The first encumbrance certificate only reflected partial survey numbers.  When asked about the missing survey numbers, he has given the second encumbrance certificate that reflected the remaining survey numbers.  I also want to ensure that the seller has a clear tittle and there are no pending litigations against the said property.  Also, the plot that I am looking to buy is not listed on the encumbrance certificate.   The EC showed entire land, but there was no mention of the plot that I am looking to buy.  How can I ascertain that the plots were not sold to someone?  I don't want any double registrations and wanted to check if the plots are under the sellers name.  

Learning

3 Replies

If there are any good advocates in Hyderabad that can provide thorough legal advise in a timely manner, please let me know

From a land development perspective, the pace at which the seller is developing the land is very slow.  I don't know if there are any financial constraints the seller is undergoing that is inhibiting quick development. Since it is HMDA approved layout, certain numbers of plots have been mortgaged to HMDA.  This provides little confidence that the land must be developed according to HMDA norms or risk the release of mortgaged plots.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 November 2014

Your cautionary approach while aspiring to buy a property is appreciated.  At the same time, since you are going to invest lakhs of rupees, spend a few thousands on some good local lawyers, seek their opinion about the property by producing the relevant papers/documents before him and then decide about buying it or not.  There is dearth for good lawyers in Hyderabad.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register