LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Charles (intending farmer)     08 August 2014

Buying agriculture land in karnatakaby non agriculturist

I intend to buy agricultural land in karnataka.I am not an agriculturist/farmer. My grand parent was a  farmer in kerala. but we have no inheritance now since my mother told to give away the share to one of my uncle.

To buy a agriculture land in karnataka what type of document should i bring from kerala to say that my fore fathers were agriculturist and so i belong to agriculturist family and can buy land in karnataka?

Is that possible?

there is nothing caleed RTC in kerala so what is the type of document that i have to get and from which office should i get.

In the meantime can i get that particular land which i want to buy regd on lease for 99 yrs to be on safer side? (prior to actual registeration if i get the necessary documents).

Pls help me with answer

charles

Learning

2 Replies

naveenraj jain (proprietor)     08 August 2014

Do agriculture in your state only. Otherwise We will seize your land This is exactly what the govt officials told me when I purchased agriculture land in Karnataka. Everywhere you find Karnataka govt pro- farmer but when you actually buy such land for cultivation you cannot. First after buying such land you hv to change pahani (mutate your name) which is khata for the land describing your land and ownership details. For changing you have to submit your farmer heritage detail proof. If not satisfied (they will not be ) the officials will convert that into a case and you have to a engage lawyer. This case will take your atleast two precious years in proving that you are a farmer if properly followed. Then again an appeal where the officials demand bribe to clear your case. Either pay the officials something or suffer turmoils at the office. This is my personal experience.
1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 August 2014

Your question and all other related queries can be very well addressed by a local advocate fully conversant of the local laws.  Further, purchasing a registered lease landed property will always be a problem some for you, better take advice of some local lawyer before proceeding.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register