Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anu (service)     14 March 2009

Buyback / Prepayment of Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds (FCCBs)

RBI/2008-09/411

A. P. (DIR Series) Circular No. 58

March 13, 2009

To,

All Category - I Authorised Dealer Banks

Madam / Sir,

Attention of Authorized Dealer Category - I (AD Category - I) banks is invited to the A. P. (DIR Series) Circular No.39 dated December 8, 2009 on the captioned subject. In terms of Para 7 of the above circular, the entire procedure of buyback should be completed by the Indian Companies by March 31, 2009.

2. It has been decided to extend the date for completing the entire procedure for buyback of FCCBs from March 31, 2009 to December 31, 2009. Accordingly, the entire procedure of buyback should be completed by December 31, 2009.

3. All the other terms and conditions of buyback / prepayment of FCCBs as mentioned in A. P. (DIR Series) Circular No.39 dated December 8, 2009, shall remain unchanged.

4. AD Category - I banks may bring the contents of this circular to the notice of their constituents and customers concerned.

5. The directions contained in this circular have been issued under sections 10 (4) and 11 (1) of the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (42 of 1999) and is without prejudice to permissions / approvals, if any, required under any other law.

Yours faithfully,

(Salim Gangadharan)

Chief General Manager-in-Charge

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register