Building contractor shud b regstrd wid govt agency in maha??

Hi Team,

I am a journalist and I want to work on a story.

A construction worker dies at a construction site - case is registered against the contractor and thats the end.

The family of the deceased never gets any compensation while the Developer goes scott free.

I am sure that the agreement done bewteen the Developer and the contractor should stand valid only if the contractor is registered with some Government Agency. It is only on the basis of this agreement that the Developer is safe, but if the contractor itself is not a registered contractor, then this agreement should stay null and void, and the Developer should also be booked.

We recently had 2 constrcution workers death at 2 different construction sites - in one case a Brick fell on his head and in another case the worker fell from the 9th floor. In both cases only Contractor booked but not the Developer and very less compensation.

Need your help in legal terms with sections to be applied for my story to stan.

Do leave a number on my email ID in case you wish I should be calling you or you want to quote me your charges. I am open for all the options.


Vishal Rajemahadik


Mumbai Mirror


I really dont mind. But yes, I would like to know the details and the law/sections and its Impact, before I go ahead.





Amazing, give me a call to discuss regarding the same, let me see what I can do for you. 


Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 



Very to the point post. Life is bursting full of distractions and cynics who will discourage you. But it's important to remember that life is also full of opportunities best essay writing service reviews


Police action to bring the builder and developer to book for the offence(s) of fatal accident is irrespective of the fact that whether the builder is registered or not.



In fatal accidents the police has to initiate criminal case under various provisions of Indian Penal Code, 1860 depending upon facts/infomation/investion of the case(s).


The legal representatives (successor) are required to approach Area Labour Commissioner under the provisions of section 12 of the Employees Compensation Act, 1923. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu