LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kushal.ashok@gmail.com (Student)     17 April 2014

Bsnl security deposit not returned

My security deposit that was submitted while applying for a new broadband connection is not being returned even after filing complaints via emails to har-sforum@nic.in and gm_cfa_har@bsnl.co.in and also via the grievance portal.
The registration number that I received via the portal does not allow me to check the status of my request online,
and soon it gets automatically disposed without an explanation.

I have got the copy of receipt and I wish to file a consumer complaint,
as my money has been lying with the concerned for more than 2 months and has caused me harassment.

Also note that the Haryana cell suggested that the Panchkula BSNL office  lies in Punjab Circle.
I tried contacting them via pg_punjab@bsnl.co.in but have got no response to my emails.

Kindly suggest the right course of actions in this regard.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 April 2014

>>> https://www.trai.gov.in/Content/faq_subcat_details.aspx?id=74&qid=1&link=0#175

Frequently Asked Questions - Complaint

·         Q 1. A consumer has made a request for termination (closure) of the service. How long has he to wait? What about rentals and other dues?

A. The service provider shall terminate the connection within 7 days. They cannot charge rental or any other charges beyond the period of 7 days of request for closure made by the customer. Further, fresh bills shall be raised only after adjustment of the security deposit. The closure/ termination of service shall not be made conditional upon payment of dues/ bills/settlement of dispute. The outstanding amount of security deposits has to be refunded within 60 days of closure/ termination of service. In case of delay in refund beyond 60 days, a consumer is entitled to interest at the rate of 10% per annum for the number of days refund is delayed beyond 60 days.

If this link is not working the above info should be available at link for ‘Customer Services’ of TRAI and BSNL too.

>>> Consumer courts can now once again decide consumer complaints.

You may download the notification from:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Consumer-court-can-now-decide-telecom-complaints-100830.asp#.U0wKFEeBmXU

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register