LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rupa Biswas   15 March 2017

Bsnl lokadalat

I have received a notice from Lok Adalat to appear and pay dues to BSNL. I had one BSNL broadband connection which has been discontinued since February 2014.  I had settled all dues and also received the full amount of Security Deposit from BSNL. Since March 2014 I have recieved no Communication / monthly bill from BSNL. Now all on a sudden I got this notice. Should I ignore this?

Learning

6 Replies

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     15 March 2017

You may appear before the Lok Adalat and submit copies of all documents to show that in Feb 2014 line was disconnected and request to close the matter. 

You may remain idle and the matter can be sent to regular court where if summon/ notice is sent, you have to appear and submit the copies of documents.

So it is better to settle the matter in Lok Adalat. 

(Guest)

You appear in Lok Adalat.  Like suggested by Ld Advocate.  You can also file case against BSNL for simply making you to go to court inspite of you clearing off all bills and settling of account by BSNL themselves.  Why I am suggesting this is, BSNL or MTNL are very good at procedural laws.  Whether connectoin working or not, bill paid, connection terminated ... bill will come to your doorstep.  and legal department will send notice, file case etc like they have done with your case.  These ppl need to be taught a lesson. File case under sec 499 and 504 ipc.

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     15 March 2017

No point in aggravating it, as some illuminated Ld. Members have suggested. If you have time, go to the Lok Adalat with copies of all demands and payments and shove it in the face of the presiding member of Lok Adalat and have it recorded that you have produced all documents of payment towards full and final payments. It might even be fun :) Of course, you could later sue them for the tort of malicious notice of Lok Adda, but heh, who are we kidding, we are living in India, not the European Union.

In the alternative, if you don't have the time or inclination, let them bugger off and forget it, if you already have all documents to prove full payments made already.

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     15 March 2017

An honest tax paying citizen of India has nothing better to do with his time than pursue defamation action roflol ... jeez some litigation mongering that.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 March 2017

According to Trai rules, consumers can register their complaints by calling up the customer care or shooting off an e-mail to the telecom operator. Give a reply the same to the lokadalat. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 March 2017

“I had settled all dues and also received the full amount of Security Deposit from BSNL.”

Hope you have all bills and final bill showing NO Dues.

The refund of security is post adjustment of outstanding payment if any.

You can act on above advices.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register