LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunny   05 March 2018

Brutally beaten up for killing a pet dog by accident by car

Three Days Back around 8am a small dog suddenly came under my car from nowhere and got killed. I was driving inside my housing society and frankly i was about to take a right turn and this dog came from left side suddenly. The dog was not in chain. The owner of the dog came running and beat me up brutally in front of everyone and accused me to be a murdeirer. I said sorry to him as it was an accident but he was not willing to listen and kept beating me. He also threatened to kill my son and tried to strangulate me. I didnot fight with him and controlled my instincts to hit back. I lodged a diary at police station. The police officer came and took both of us to police station for further questioning. Nothing happened and we kept waiting and waiting. Finally I decided not to pursue the case as i am very afraid of courts and police in general. And the police were also not much helpful. They were kind of taking sides with the pet owner and was telling that loosing a pet is a terrible thing. As if i as a human being donot have much rights. They finally let both us off on a PR Bond. They told me that because we spent 4-5 hours in the police station they cannnot let us go just like that and had to follow the procedure. They told its a petty case and we would not be required to go to the court and all we have to do is sign the PR bond. I signed and left as I was too traumatized and exhausted. From 8am in the morning this was going on.

Now my question is do I have any further legal recourse? Just because i didnot want to pursue the matter the case cannot be further reopened? I felt extremely humiliated as I was beaten up in front of all. Many people can come as witness for this incident and specially few friends who saved me. On that day I also went to a doctor before going to a police station who checked me and wrote in the prescripttion that there are marks of strangulation in my throat.

Also please tell me what charges the dog owner can file for killing the pet? The pet was not on leash and came out of no where. 

Request all esteemed members to please guide me.

Regards

Sunny

Learning

2 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     05 March 2018

First inquire in which provision personal bond was filled. It may be only for breach of peace.

Or police has lodged cross non cognizable reports.

If you are not satisfied with police action seek the help of lawyer he will guide you for further action.

Is that person who is saying to be owner of god, whether has legal ownership.

Dont feel humiliated. In such condition nobody should loose temper, every body bears the same behave from other side.

You need not to worry if you were not in fault. This case is of contributory negligence.

If you want to avoid litigation just forget the incident. It usually happens with so many people.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 March 2018

Please follow views expressed by Mr Chauhan and beofre deciding any future course of action atleast come out  of vagueness.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register