LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

atul gajbhiye (na)     13 December 2013

Breach of oral contract

Last year I had talk with room owner. He promised me to give his room on rent for commercial use. And when I approached him to give him money n make contract he denied by saying that his relative want that room. He totally wasted my two month Cuz he has given me word. So I had to rent another expensive room in emergency. But I've noticed that his room is empty since last year no relative. And I came to know that somebody stuffed his ears about me(may be competitors). So my question is that can I file any case on him? Evidence is phone conversations recorded only.( about talks of room) my purpose is to find out ear stuffer because this chap isn't gonna tell me so may be a notice will work. After all nobody wanna step on the court.

Learning

7 Replies

sagar jadhav (employee)     13 December 2013

there is no money dispute ,so hardly it matters

atul gajbhiye (na)     14 December 2013

Thanks but any IPC ? just trying to terrify him by only a notice. Because people don't wanna visit the court.

Sajeev Menon (Legal Consultant)     15 December 2013

Yes, you can very well furnish a legal notice specifying the violation and damage caused thereby as there was an oral agreement in between you which can be proved by the telephone talk.

atul gajbhiye (na)     17 December 2013

Thank u very much.

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     20 December 2013

You have no evidence that he promised you to let out the room to you. You cannot do any thing.

atul gajbhiye (na)     20 December 2013

I have phone conversation

Pawan Kumar (JOb)     21 December 2013

For a valid contract many other things like consideration, time & intention etc. are to be proved, I do not think that these could be proved through telephonic conversation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register