Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi   28 August 2016

Boundary dispute for plot

Hi ,

I have bought a North facing 1200 (30x40) sqft plot of land (with compund wall) from lady who inherited this plot from her father. 
Her father carved out this plot from his ancestral agricultural land.
This plot is on the boundary of their survey ABC.  West side of this plot is land belonging to another person from another survey XYZ.
There is dispute about the boundary of this plot as its on the border.
West side plot owner claims 5ft of land from our plot (in survey ABC).
But my previous owner(lady) claims there is no issue w.r.t boundary. There is a compund wall for this plot.

If i sell this land to another person , will i face any legal issue because of boundary issue.

Learning

3 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     28 August 2016

Dear Ravi

To solve bondry dispute u need to have town planning sanction map of that area which will show all plot with their details of boundry.

If u like my solution then give THANK on my profile.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 August 2016

If there was a boundary wall and if it enjoys town planning / other approvals such construction over 13 years, you are in a safe position.  However, you may convince the seller to keep that amount of disputed land as per measurement  in joint deposit account for a period of one year or more, and that can be settled at a later date.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 September 2016

Survey of India do this job. Apply for boundaries details. 

Preparation of Maps and Drawings: – Population density map showing density of population per acre or hectare. – Town map (Scale 1cm =0.5 km, 0.25km or 0.1 km) and large scale maps of (1cm = 20m, 10m or 5m) can be prepared showing details of roads, lanes, boundaries of all private and public properties, These maps are essential for preparing proposals of improvement schemes and their amenities. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register