LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shakeel (FM)     19 August 2015

Bounced cheque court case

My advocate has sent notice to the defaulter for cheque bounce. He is abscoding and could not be traced even after application to the police. Now my advocate says that we will have to move to HC to file case to nab him. The fee according to the lawyer will be 35k which i feel too high.

Is the fee reasonable?

What other alternative i have?

Learning

5 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     19 August 2015

For an NI ACT case why do think about HC at this stage? Defaulter absconding in the sense has he fled his house along with his family? 

UR advocate is wrong and is misleading U,after the expiry of the statutory notice period file a case under NI ACT in the court.The court will issue summons to him to appear on the stipulated date.If he does not turn up,the court will then issue a warrant.So right now police have no role to play.

BHRIGU DATTA 9475352677 (PRIVATE PRACTICE)     20 August 2015

you should write aletter to Postal department asking whether letter was received by defaulter or not if it it report IS Intimation served you may file case before proper court. 

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     20 August 2015

If the defaulter received the notice they would have received the ack, or else the notice would have been returned undelivered with postal remarks.

sree 9491505984 (Lawyer, Hyderabad)     20 August 2015

Lawyer fee is depends.....

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     20 August 2015

Sree 9491505984 , what do U mean                                                                                                                                            

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register