Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priyanka sinha   26 November 2015

Blackmailing in marriage

Hello,

I have a sister who has married a muslim guy about 16 years ago without parents consent. At that point we did revolt but the person threateaned to kill my parents and me as well. My sister became helpless and could not do anything. Later twice she came back stating that this guy is having a affair with a girl who also threatened my mother. its been long time she never came back and showed us a happy picture of her family life. But recently my 16 years old niece approached me and the truth of their life. This guys married the same girl about 5 years back and has a 3 year old kid with her. my sister threated to leave him but he has been blackmailing her. My sister has a daughter and son. Daughter wants to come back here  but she is being forced to leave her studies and all contact with everyone and getting her married. He is threatening my sister of consequences and said he will not allow her 12 years old son to leave him. She being forced to stay there. How do I help her? what procedure I follow? He always threatenes her to kill us. Also I have a written note of my neice that she is being forced to leave study and marry.

Please please advice.

Learning

10 Replies

Sir,

I agree to what you say and I will not interfere if she dosent want me too. However It wasnt I who approached her. It was my 16  year old niece who approached me  with  letter stating she dosent want to stay in  that condition and wishes to move out and continue with her studies (she is in 11th std) and want to work but he isnt allowing her to. She is the one who wants me to take action and remove her from there. She is being forced to get married. Please suggest.

B.N.Raja Mohamed (ADVOCATE)     26 November 2015

Sir,

This is clear case for invoking the provisions of domestic violence Act,2005 where your sister is getting intimidated by her husband . To get the custody of your children  you can invoke the provisions of Guardians and Wards Act. You can move the police to register a case against your sisters husband for committing offeces under section 506(II) OF THE Indian PenalCode.

Thanks But no thanks for your comment. I will do whatever I can irrespective she gets alimony or not. I cant turn my eyes blind to such things. Its shameful if we educated people talk like this. I earn quiet well to keep them and Thanks to god I dont have such view point. 

Thanks raja Mohamed sir.

Mukesh sharma (job )     26 November 2015

hi priyanka i understand your prob and love your to niece but i tell you one thing your sister marriage with mulslim guy and if you see mulslim law there one man also mariage to four wives at time without divourse any of them and now your sister marriage long time about you say 16 year so i think as mulslim family your sister accepted mulslim law now if she do than what you do and about your niece sshe approched to you but not your sister so you give application in local police station from your niece about threatned to you and your niece and i suggest you one thing you contect family lawyer who  deal in mulslim law he tell you best 

To Yentede Banta, And if people like you exist, women will suffer all her life. Stop taking women as a piece of cake and marriages as time pass....Men like you who support bigamy and give suggestions should not be allowed to progress further in society. Instead of solving someone's issues what advice you are giving. You should not be allowed to practice. Your job is to solve a problem and not let her continue to stay in sh*t....however if not interested in solving my issue...kindly don't reply..I don't a negative advice...from negative people....

Okay Thanks..I will do my bit. 

Prasad (Systems Engineer)     27 November 2015

Hello Priyanka... There is no point in getting angry at Yentede Panta, who has given the most sensible piece of suggestions to you.

The girl who married a muslim guy is responsible for everything that is happening now.

She should fix it. Legal ways are not a solution for marital life.

Legal ways are there to tear apart marital life.

Priyanka sinha   27 November 2015

I know and understand what he wrote. My anger is because he is telling that my niece will become rebellious is I help her. Why is he getting personal ? And so if I help her now she will not listen to her husband...what kind of suggestion is that..that is why my anger. Please understand if you not willing to help don't make statements...

Mukesh sharma (job )     27 November 2015

hi priayanka i understand your problem but no need to angry in yentede pantda bec she gives you only advise you also know your sister marriage with one mulslim guy their one man also marrige with four more woman nothing divourse any of them and one more ifhe want more than he divourse one of them and marriage to another so  this is vommon in mulslim law and if you talk about you niece i know she need help of you so you help her also i aslo tell you in first you meet with family lawyer who deel with mulslim law he give you best and you help you niece but dont angry be patience 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register