LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SAURABH   26 June 2016

Blackmail by lawyer

After death of my mother, my brother and I filled an application for mutation at DDA for our cooperative society apartment at Dwarka.

Our lawyer forced my brother to forge my sign to expedite the process as I was outside the country, then he is trying to blackmail us, saying that he will file a complaint in DDA that my brother forged my sign.

He is asking 1.6 lakh to not to file a complaint with DDA and to replace the paper with the correct document in DDA file.

Please help.

Learning

6 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 June 2016

It is better such threats are ignored.

TS Makkar   26 June 2016

Even if he complaints, your sister can corroborate that it is her signature on the document, if there is any inquiry. nothing to worry about. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 June 2016

The complaint filed by the affected/ victim can only be considered.

You may write to the authority with whom the application for mutation was filed and confirm the signature or you can personally visit the office and make another signature and keep the old signature with in brackets.

If possible record the conversation and trap him by luring him with bargain settlement for Rs.50,000/- (do not pay him, just for trap)

The advocate is equally responsible for abettment and concealing facts from authorities for such a long time.  It is just a mere thread and can be ignored.

Q Slinger (NA)     26 June 2016

File a complaint in the local bar counsel. Make sure you collect all evidences of such. However, if you did forge the signature, you will also be in a lot of trouble.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 June 2016

Originally posted by : G.L.N. Prasad
The complaint filed by the affected/ victim can only be considered.

You may write to the authority with whom the application for mutation was filed and confirm the signature or you can personally visit the office and make another signature and keep the old signature with in brackets.

If possible record the conversation and trap him by luring him with bargain settlement for Rs.50,000/- (do not pay him, just for trap)

The advocate is equally responsible for abettment and concealing facts from authorities for such a long time.  It is just a mere thread and can be ignored.

Fully agreed.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 June 2016

Originally posted by : Q Slinger
File a complaint in the local bar counsel. Make sure you collect all evidences of such. However, if you did forge the signature, you will also be in a lot of trouble.

Agreed but first take the above step.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register