LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

m agarwal   24 August 2016

Birth Certificate Authenticity Checking

Birth Certificate (municipality) received from an AGENT within 6 days. how to verify the authenticity? Paid INR 3100/-

Birth yr. 1989

Certificate Issued Date shown as some date of 1995 WITH Manual Hand Writing, Stamp, Sign. Registration no. given.  but, NO Doctor's certificate, NO 1st class Judicial Magistrate Affidavit provided.

Consequences if found fake, how to verify the authenticity before placing it to Passport Authority? 

Please help

Learning

2 Replies

Sandhya Srinivas (Advocate & Legal consultant)     24 August 2016

Dear Agarwal,

Visit the authority who issued your Birth certificate and confirm the authentication.

m agarwal   24 August 2016

Thanks a lot sir and mam. the Agent has told me that as it's issued with a back date i.e. yr 1995 but with a newish paper, so I need to wait further period to make it look dirty and then laminate it for the passport application. I have found on net that, there are many instances where birth certificates are issued within very few days for passport and often the birth certificates are issued FAKE which is caught and criminal offecne is lodged against the applicants (who don't even know whether it's forged or genuine) 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register