Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mac (trainee)     16 December 2014

Bike accident

Hi everyone.......

Here is my situation.....

I was at home ,when I got a call from my father saying that he has  met with an accident . I rushed to the hospital where my father and the guy who apparently got hit by the bike my father was riding, were admitted.

The guy who got hit is in his 60s or 70s and now he is in a critical condition .Doctor said that the chances of him surviving are very low. I was asked to go the respective police station and inform the police about what happened.

So, I went to the police station , told the cop everything(i.e that I got a call from my father ..that's it),

Then he started asking questions like when did it happen, where ,how ....? I said , see my father and the other guy both were lying unconscious on the road and some passer-by must have taken them to the hospital.This is what I know as I was at home when this accident took place.

Then the cop said , this is a bad case as the other guy is in critical condition, I'm  going to file a FIR.

I don't know what is the procedure when an accident occurs and I don't know what is FIR and  I don't know what to do now ..I'm Lost..So I said why are you filing a case(FIR) ...I'm to ready to pay for the treatment the guy needs. 

The other day ,the guy's employer came to police station and asked how this happened ? I

I even spoke to him. He said (Employer ) it's okay if you don't pay for the treatment  ,just let's pray to the god that he recovers soon and doesn't die.

Now both the party(We and the Employer )  has an understanding of the situation and both of us don't want any case to be filed.

So,now will the cop still be filing FIR/Case against us(my father) ?

Is there any certain period that the cop has to wait before filing FIR ? Should a case or FIR be filed normally when accident like this takes place ?

is this accident a cognizable-offence ?

Please help...

My father is a heart patient  and I don't want him behind bars ...... please tell me what to do so that my father is out of trouble......

Thanks in advance

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register