Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Kannan (Senior Planning engineer)     26 August 2013

Bigammy & defaming - criminal

Sir / Madam,

I am from Trichy, Tamil Nadu. I need your kind help and suggestion for the following case.

A man (X) was married to a woman (Y) and had relations with other woman (Z) too. Marriage of X & Y can be proved by means of their wedding invitation, wedding photos, ration card, passport copy.

Now the child of X & Z (Illegal wife) have reached marriage age and engaged with one man. The person X has now printed wedding invitations, banners & advertising materials to show as if X & Z are husband and wife.

At this stage, what type of legal steps Y can take?

I was informed that Y can initiate a legal notice through a lawyer to X, the groom's family and the printers to explain the basis since this comes under Defamation (499?). These are the 3 parties involved in the contents of the wedding invitation and printing. Main purpose of this is just questioning them how they can announce Y's husband as Z's husband which spoils the image of Y and their parents.  In this case what are the documents to be attached to support their (X and Y) marriage. What will be the next step after receiving the response from the defendants (X) & groom's family? If it goes to court, how long it will take roughly to get judgment.

Other friend informed that Y have to submit a complaint to District Collector or SP with supporting documents to take necessary action on X. Is this the simplest case where they will take severe and immediate action as applicable since Indian / Tamil Nadu State governments are giving due importance for the crimes on women.

In such case, can anyone write a draft letter covering all necessary points on chargeable / free of cost basis?

Expecting your reply eagerly..

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register