LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nayana   28 August 2016

Bequeathing tenanted prpoerty

Respected all, My parents are staying in a tenanted property of my mother's mother for last 50 years.The rent recipt is still in my grandmother's name who passed away 10 years back. Since the building was in courtreceiver , the recipt was not transferred in my mothers name. Now the landlord is planning to transfer the recipt in my mothers name. I being the only child of my parents my mother wants to give the said property to me after them. She is worried that the landlord might object since it is a tenanted proparty and I being a married daughter.I am currently staying with my husband in his house. The ration card, Andhar card, passport has my parents address. Can the landlord object in transferring the property in my name behind my parents. Do i have to stay with them . what should I do? Kindly advice.

Learning

2 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     28 August 2016

Yes Land lord can object for transfer of property in ur name.

U can be protected by protected tenancy act under maharashtra apartment and ownership act in state of maharashtra.

If u like my solution then give THANK on my profile.

Nayana   28 August 2016

Thanyou so much for the reply. May I requear you to kindly advice me as to what precautions should I take to avoid such situation in future.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register