Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shobhit (sr process associate)     27 April 2015

Beating and harassment by semi govt staff

Hello,

I the resident of Gujarat, Baroda along with my family was gone on shopping at a Mall, where I with my family was viewing the clash between Corporation Encroachment staff with Hawkers and vendors. Where I faced some unwanted incident with Baroda Corporation Encroachment Staff.

I with my family was viewing the scene from a safe distance within the Mall compound, at a sudden the Encroachment staff of Corporation jumped the ralling and entered the mall premises and started beating me with sticks, punches and slaps. Anyhow I was lucky to escape their brutal beating. Later the purchased bags full of goods from the Mall were stolen by the Corporation staff. They also abused my wife and sister when they asked for the purchased goods as their staff has stolen from me. After displaying the Bill they returned to us.

After this I returned to the spot where they were abusing my wife and sister, I called 100 and asked Police assistance. They told me the reason for beating as they mistaken my identity and they thought I was recording their video.

Then I lodged the FIR against the Corporation crew and in return they also lodged FIR against me.

They are saying I was obstructing them in performing govt duty and attacked on them. Where it is nowhere happened as I didn't crossed the Mall compound at all. They were removing the vendors outside the mall from the road. 

The whole video of grabbing and beating me, is recorded in the CCTV of that Mall. In that it clearly shows that a crew of 10 employees came in the Mall parking and started beating me brutally and taking away my purchased goods.

Now my question to you is, what would be the outcome in this case?

How long this case will continue in the court? 

And what is your advise on this 1) Should I fight the case in the court? or 2) Should I go for compromise?

If compromise than, What should I demand from them, as they have done wrong with me?

I appreciate your valuable views in this case..

Regards,

Shobhit

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     27 April 2015

Sir, To fight or not to fight is your call, but compromising only for money is like encouraging these people ...... Warm Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 April 2015

if they are convicted they lose their job which they also know.  there is no provision for deptt to bear the cost of criminal litigation of employee.  They also have to apply for leave on each date of hearing whihc you can get under RTI.

It is they who have to bend.

(Guest)

well said  by above experts.. stand up and screw those guys..you have the evidence  as you stated and its all on your side now...make sure each and every one of those employee loses the job by this case and goes begggin n  the street like those vendors and hawkers.

file  a RTI for getting the complete service records of these employees, their timings  at office and everyting you think that could get them harassed by their seniros for inviting this problem from  you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register