LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abha   11 May 2019

Bank lost all title documents of home loan applicant

In 2004 I had taken home loan from a bank for which I gave all my original documenta including chain agreements from beginning that is of builder to subsequent buyers and also share certificate issued by society. In year 2006 due to natural calamity..bank lost ..misplaced or got some of my documents torn...but was not informed till 2019. I closed my loan and then bank informs me that all the documents I had lodged to avail home loan are lost and they sent me a draft consent letter to recreate all documents except for first 5 chain agreement documents which they said its not possible to be recreated..recent share agreement..share certificate all duplicate will be given ..but that will take another 4 to 5 mths(newspaper advt plus police fir etc.) So I am at loss of interest in case I sold the property now after closing the entire loan also. Plus I am not sure if my property will be sold subsequently also since they cannot recreate the chain documents? What should I do to get my property sold and compensation and that too how much should I claim ..what is my right against the bank ?

Learning

1 Replies

Shashi Dhara   11 May 2019

U contact consumer forum and file suit in consumer court for appropriate amount of loss in consumer court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register