Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinodchandra (Executive)     28 June 2014

Bank cheque clearing

Subject : seek a guidence
Dear Sir, I have taken a Car loan from SBI bank, and last April month I have fully repay my car loan. Bank has given me a NO DUE Certi and I have cleared it from RTO. But My question are following: 1.I gave a check of of Rs.4,90,000 on 1/04/2014 against my car loan due amount, but bank cleared it on 28/04/2014. For this I have paid additional full months interest of Rs. 4800. So, Who is responsible for that? 2. Two days ago I visit my bank and asked manager that I want to saw my CIBIL report and I would confirmed that Bank has send my all loan cleared data to cibil. But bank authorities denied me for that and told that Next time when you apply for loan we will check and give you report. So, what should be done? I am a costumer of bank I have to right to check my loan related all data, but bank manager not do that. Now I want to take my haul month interest from bank because bank has delay for clear my check. Pl. give me guidance for that

Learning

9 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 June 2014

Send an application for issuance of necessary information, if no reply within a reasonable time send a legal notice followed by a suit for mandatory injunction in civil court.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 June 2014

I too agree with brother  Mr. Vashista advise.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 June 2014

If it is a nationalied Bank, file RTI Application seeking information under RTI Act as follows:

Application dt..............seeking information under RTI Act, filed

Before CPIO,..............Bank.............Branch................... with

RTI fee: Indian Postal order No............for Rs.10/- fvg...........Bank filed by

Applicant:.......................................................

Brief Facts: Vehicle Loan No..........................standing in the name of ..............................closed on....................  

Information solicited:

1.Please provide me the details of processing my cheque delivered for credit on 1-4-14 providing specific dates from date of receipt to credit and providing information of officials the number of days the cheque was lying.

2.Please provide me the norms /directives/procedure as to No. of days involved from date of receipt to credit for clearing a cheque as per Citizen Charter/IBA directives.

3.Please inform me specific reason for delay,  Name of official responsible, and as to borrower has to be penalised for such official's negligence.

3.Please provide me copy of CRISIL report down loaded.

The borrower is an affected party and has a right to seek information as borrower/citizen/consumer under various acts. Please provide information as expeditiously as possible.

Place

Date............................................Applicant

(Send the same through local speed post or Registered post.  Preserve counterfoil of IPO and postal receipt by pasting it on copy of your RTI Application for further use)

Vinodchandra (Executive)     28 June 2014

Thank you very much sir for show me Path for getting and taken necessary action to our lazy nationalized bank employees.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 June 2014

You may shift from saying and telling mode to written mode under proper acknowledgment.

As per RBI guidelines customer can demand Credit Report  maintained by Credit Bureau : CIBIL (showing Name of the Member Institution e.g. SBI) by paying a nominal fee say Rs.50+Taxes..............................

If you obtain it from CIBIL then you may have to shell out say Rs450+taxes.....................

It is your right to demand by written reply why cheque collected by Bank on dated.........................was not banked till dated.................................and refund of excess amount collected from you, along with compensation as per compensation policy of the bank.............................  

If BM does not reply you can escalate to Circle manager, Nodal officer, Chairman, MD of the bank........................

Prior to that download RBI guidelines and Bank's own policies from websites of RBI, bank........................and pinpoint lapses........................

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 June 2014

A written communication to the bank manager seeking the desired information will be an effective method to start with and then proceed with further formalities as advised by experts

Adv. Dhamale (Lawyer)     29 June 2014

For ur query on chq and loan related issue...better have a clear communication with bank...

For cibil...u have to independently get the same by paying prescribed fee...dont expect bank to get it for u...

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 June 2014

The RBI guidelines have statutory force……………………………..are mandatory and are not discretionary.

Many banks have uploaded/updated on their websites the charges for Credit Report………..

Attached File : 954070632 raocn 240609 (1).pdf, 954070632 raocn 240609 (1).pdf downloaded: 128 times

Vinodchandra (Executive)     29 June 2014

Dear Sir/s,

Thank you for giving me guidance.

Finally I have posted online RTI to finance department and made a  drafting from our honorable Mr.G.L.N.Prasad Sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register