Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pushkar (DR)     18 January 2013

Bank account with fraud id

Dear experts,

My brother who works in a bank got some papers signed by my father and opened a bank account in my father's name showing the wrong address. He showed his own address even though my father stayed with me.  He also got some cheques signed by my father telling him that as interest rates are increased he would put his money on higher interest. However, he got a pay order issued and refused to divulge details of the money even to my father. My father initiated a few RTI applications asking the bank that what address proof was submitted while opening his account. Who was given the pay order and which bank was this pay order credited to.

Since the brother worked in that bank they colluded and tried their best to suppress the info on one pretext or the other. Now recently my father has expired. He has written a registered will in my favor and has mentioned in that this brother has made a pay order and has refused to give him his own money. During his lifetime he had also published in newspaper that any blank papers signed by him for this brother are nullified and should be considered illegal if this brother uses them anywhere.

My question is whether, I can initiate some action against this brother for opening a bank account with fraudulent id. Also, what is the best way to track down the money. Should I approach the bank as a legal heir and ask for the information or is it a case for police. Please advise what would be the best and easiest way.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register