Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atul Shukla   12 February 2019

Bank

Dear Sir,

My wife passed away recently , she had investment in bank from her father side, She had FD & Saving account on single name & anothor account jointly with her father. Secondly her father is also passed away. I have1 son (26 years) & 1 brother in law. (53 Years) Query is when me , my son & my brother is ready sign indenimty bond & agree to transfer all funds to my son account ,we do not have any dispute also than why bank is asking for Sucessision certificate. We have produced Death certificate, Pedhi- Namu from Talati, WEEL of her father & ready to sign undertaking letter / indenmty bond also.

Learning

4 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     12 February 2019

since there is no nomination regd Bank is jusiifed in asking /demandingSuccesion certificate. You have no other option but to comply the demand of the bank.

Atul Shukla   12 February 2019

But online guideline of BOB & RBI is clearly saying that if all legal heir is ready to sign idenmenty & if there is no dispute between all legal heir than bank can't ask for sucession certificate and other financial institute have cleared only BOB is asking ... and they are not showing me also such rule.

Shashi Dhara   12 February 2019

It is also one type of harassament

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     13 February 2019

even for proving legal heir also you require succession certificate. its better to go for succession certificate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register