Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lawrence William (Service)     24 October 2011

Bail in ipc 409 420 & 506

Dear Experts,

One of my friend is facing a fabricated criminal complain against him under IPC 409,420, 506-B etc. What are the chances of getting bail. The court has remamded him for 4 days till 25th of this month.What could be the min-max time he may have to stay inJudicail custody. What are the other options for bail?. Pl ease advise.

Learning

12 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     24 October 2011

there are no set parameters for grant of bail...the offences you have mentioned are serious offences and dont expect any linient view from the court.

1 Like

Lawrence William (Service)     24 October 2011

I agree it may be serious offence  according to law book's and IPC's .but in this case 409 is falsely implicated to make is sessions triable and harrase the victim. The matter is already subjudice in other district court. Under this circumstance how can the police include 409 only becoz the complinent  is a rich influential person?

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     24 October 2011

if the civil suit is pending between the parties, then it can be a good point to argue during bail hearing....much depends upon facts and circumstances of the case in such cases.

R.venkatesh Naidu (.)     25 October 2011

i agreed mr. Kiran Kumar's advice

C K Jain (Advocate)     25 October 2011

From the querry it is not clear whether the learned court had granted him police custody or judicial custody.

If the accused is in police custody. It is advisable that a letter be written by the lawyer that at the time of his interrogation he should be allowed to meet him and his interrogation be made in his presence. . Pl check the memo of arrest and find out whether his arrest had been intimated immediately to his relative or a person of the locality and whether  he had been immediately sent for medical examination at the time of arrest and therafter at the expiry of every 48 hours or not. Pl see the contents of the FIR and complaint whether it prima facie makes a case under section 409 or not if not immediately file a petition before the ld. Court stating that the section 409 had been falsely imnposed upon to keep the accused in custody and file further petition agasint the I O and O.C. or SHO under section 220 of IPC stating therein that the officers are filing remand application falsely invoking section 409 just to keep the accused in confinement. Please check whether the I O of the case has the power under the state police act and central police act to investigate the case and file an application challenging the authority of the I O and seeking direction from the ld. Court to direct the i O of the case to produce his authority before the ld. Court. In addtion to the abvoe if the advocate finds that he had not been allowed to meet his client during interrogation and there were descripency in Memo of arrest and inpsection memo and the accused had not been sent for medical check up and these records had not been sent to the Ld. Court immediately a contempt applciaitonshould immediatley  be filed before the Hon'ble High Court of the state in which the accused is under custdoy for violation of directions given by the Hon'ble Apex Court in D.K.Basu Vs. State of West Bengal as well as for violating section inserted in CRPC. amendment of 2008 which had come into force on 31.12.2009

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Advocate)     25 October 2011

i also agree with  mr. Kiran Kumar's advice

Y. T. R. Rao, Advocate, VIZAG (ADVOCATE)     12 November 2011

SIR, THE ALLEGED OFFENCES STATED BY YOU ARE TRIABLE BY MAGISTRATE COURTS, AS SUCH BAIL COULD BE OBTAINED WITHIN 15 DAYS TO  20 DAYS DEPENDS ON THE GRAVITY OF OFFENCE.

Y. T. R. Rao, Advocate, VIZAG (ADVOCATE)     12 November 2011

SIR, IF YOU CAN SEND THE FIR COPY, COMPLAINT AND REMAND REPORT THROUGH E-MAIL, I MAY ADVISE YOU.

e-mail: ytrrao@yahoo.com

Lawrence William (Service)     12 November 2011

Thankyou all the learned advocates friends..my friend has been granted bail...

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     13 November 2011

Bail is a matter of discretion, it would depend on the facts of the case.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

sanjib das (sub postmaster)     22 March 2012

sir

i am a central govt employee at kharagpur,west bengal.during my work on 29/06/2010,some miscreants entered into my office nd snatched a sum of RS as calculated RS12 lacs (approx).i filed a fir as a post master nd departmental enquiry has been running after one nd half year.a false final report has been submitted to court nd after dat my postal department has done a FIR 1 month ago with U/S 409 IPC.i need to get relief from the same.pls advise me how i can get free from d hazards of arrest?pls avise me as it is very urgent .

deepak   09 December 2016

If the police have not taken the victim for medical test under section 409.what further step shall be take. And if the police has remanded for police custody for inveatigation.. Advice our further step

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register