LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Somveer Dahiya   21 July 2018

Bail bond

I had given a surety of my close friend who was implicated in case of cheating and forgery in Delhi in Feb 2018.
I gave a surety of Rs 100,000 at Rohini court in FD's issued from my ICICI bank account with a maturity period of 12 months.
My query is this:
a) The FD's were generated online and were submitted to the court. The court has kept the original copy of the FD and I have not been provided by an acknowledgement till date.Is that fine?

b) The FD's that I have given have no option of auto renewal after 12 months. Thus after 12 months will the money automatically come back to my account or the court will automatically renew the FD's.If the court will not renew and I will not renew then what will happen?

c) When can I claim the FD's back and use my money?

I did this as a friend but I have not got the answers to my questions from my friends lawyer. 

Can anyone let me know th answer to my queries.

Somveer Dahiya

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     21 July 2018

Hello,

1.            You should have asked for receipt from court if not done before can ask now.

2.            Generally online  FD are operate as per instruction of account holder, if no option is given for reinvestment then FD will automatically credited to your saving account after maturity period is over.

3.            When your friend is acquitted /discharge from case.

1 Like

Somveer Dahiya   22 July 2018

Deepak ji

Thanks for the reply.

1. But if the trial is ongoing and the FD expires and I do not renew the same FD, then what can be the repercussions on me and my friend.
  2. Also if the person is convicted then do I loose the amount I have paid as a surety.

Please suggest.

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     22 July 2018

Hello,

1.      Either bank will renew your FD or credit it to your saving account there is no other case possible.

2.      Your FD is for surety that accused will be present in court during the proceeding it nothing to do with whether accuse is guilty or not, you will get you FD in both case guilty or acquittal.

For Detailed discussion feel free to contact at Mb/Whatsapp 9456777600.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register