Get Courses and Combos at Upto 50% OFF!
Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     06 March 2011

BEWARE OF MARUTI PRODUCTS

“BEWARE OF THE MARUTI PRODUCTS”

I have purchased a Maruti Suzuki Swift Dezire VDI from their dealer with the name as Rohan Motors, Mathura Road, Delhi on dated 09th Feb. 2011. After running 450 km, on dated 13th Feb. 2011 when I was alongwith my family out of Delhi, there was some sound from the engine of the said car at an unknown place which was 45 km away from Disst. Rohtak, Haryana. I'd contacted to their executives i.e. Maruti Suzuki/Rohan Motors and made 30-40 calls to them but I'd got no satisfactory response from them and lastly you stated me that you are unable to provide me their services at that place and backed up from their promises.

After that, anyhow, I managed the contact number of Regional Head of Maruti Suzuki, based at Chandigarh and contacted him by dialing his number. I got surprised when he put a straight forward his question at the first moment as from whom you had got my number. It was really disgusting that a person who is duty bound to help me after listening my problem regarding my newly purchased car; he is putting such type of silly questions besides helping me!

Ultimately, after a long period of seven days, you replaced the short engine only at Rohtak itself instead of replace that car which was having the manufacturing problem. Whereas you are duty bound either to replace the defective car or to call back the defective car to their factory and after proper quality check up of the same and other required treatment with it, the same should be available to be run on the road.

And again after 9 days i.e. on dated 2nd March 2011 at 20:30 pm of replacement of engine, I have faced the problem again with the car.

After calling the MOS (serial no.423 Maruti on Road Service) of Maruti, I came to know that now the problem is over heaten of the engine in the said brand new purchased car, you Top up the water in radiator and instruct me to inspect the car to workshop. This is really ridicules to me for 2nd time on road within 20 days with that said car with defects.

I have sent the mail to senior officials of Maruti which is Plant Head India and to. Mr. Shuji Oishi, Director of Suzuki, Japan but till yet I’ve got no response from either side.  It is really causing harassment to me as well as my family.

So, please provide me the justice or give any advice what can I do? Either I will surrender the car to you so that you may scrap it or let it pull into fire or hell.

Although, it was my bad luck that I'd purchased a Maruti Product after getting false assurances from Maruti regarding the good quality of their product, but anyhow, I want to explain in crux which are as follows for the buyers who are planning to buy the Maruti product:

1. The products of Maruti are not good of quality and you seem like LOCAL JUGAAR;

2. The service of MOS (MARUTI ON ROAD SERVICE) is not up to mark that is you don't have updated the contact numbers of their partners.

3. If, unfortunately, any problem or issue or defect has taken place, Maruti does not agree to take ownership of the said defect etc.

4. Senior Officials are used to flee from their customers and don't want to talk with them regarding the problems arisen in vehicle/product.

Learning

10 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     06 March 2011

really a sorry state of affairs.

Indian industry is like this only....in Europe and US you will find them acting responsibly but when it comes to India these automobile manufaturers give worst possible service.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     06 March 2011

thanks for the information.

such type of postings will increase the awareness of us about cosumer products.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     06 March 2011

ANOTHER GOOD USE OF 'OTHERS' SECTION OF LCI.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     07 March 2011

I got surprised when I complained about this on e-complaint, I saw that Maruti is befooling so many people regarding its product Swift Desire! How disguisting even Govt. is not taking any action against that.

Raju Ramparag Gupta (Advocate)     08 March 2011

GOVERNMENT ONLY LOOTS.

SARKAR HAMARE LIYE KUCH ACCHA KAR DIYE TO WO DUNIYA WALO KO APNA KAALA MUH THODI DIKHA PAYENGE.

A.VIVEK ADVOCATE (ADVOCATE)     12 March 2011

a strong  legal action  should be taken against the company.

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     12 March 2011

go to the consumer court iimidiatly!

Vijayendra Navale (Advocacy )     20 April 2011

File a case in Consumer Forum along with a authentic records and documents....Actually all the Diesel Models of Maruthi's are flop....But still they are No. 1 and Largest sellers of LMV. 

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     21 April 2011

in my area swift (diesel model) met accident recently and two persos killed. peraps it was suddenly uncontrolled.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     21 April 2011

swift (diesel model) engineering should be checked, it seems that safety precautions ignored for the sake of high pick up.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register