LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Seekerstories (sdfasfsdfs)     28 February 2018

Attestation form

I have been recommended for one of the armed wings of our defence forces. They had provided an attestation form to be filled, in which previous employer details have been asked. I worked for a service provider company for 2 years( with whom i had signed a 3 year bond), i left the company stating that im gonna pursue higher education ( which i currently am) and left after rendering my resignation ( through e-mail) and serving a 3 month notice period, since i did not pay the bond amount( 3 lakh inr) i did not get any relieving letter or any other documents to support my experience. Will this cause a problem with my employment in the armed force?

Learning

14 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     01 March 2018

Whether it will affect or not is a subsequent question.

Please fill up the correct and complete details in the ATTESTATION Form.  Do not try to hide any fact/information from it.

Seekerstories (sdfasfsdfs)     01 March 2018

Yes sir I would not be hiding any of the details asked for. But I just want to be better prepared. Thank you for your valuable suggestion.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     01 March 2018

You say that you want to be better prepared.

Please tell me, for my knowledge, as to what better preparations you will make in the following two situations?

1. If the non-reliving letter from your previous employer would cause problem for your new employment in the armed forces.

2. If the non-reliving letter from your previous employer would not cause any problem.

Respected sir If in the case of situation 1 I would try to settle it with my previous employer ( which I tried at the time of leaving sept' 2017, but they did not budge inturn they withheld my 3 month salary ) And if in case of situation 2 I would not vex out about it. Thank you

- Tier 1 engineering solution provider. - recommended for asst. Commandant in Indian coast guard

Dear Sir

They are very stubborn on the amount, they want Rs 3 lakh. They seem so stubborn, that i even stopped asking my 3 month salary that they refused to pay. 

I went anonymous because i dont want my previous employer to use this for any kind of leverage. I'm not being Dishonest sir. I've put the details as it is, and you are free to message me but refrain from calling me Dishonest.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 March 2018

generally govt deptts do not inist upon relieving lettr from private employer.

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     04 March 2018

I am an ex-Service Officer. Be truthful and explain correctly. One thing that Defence Forces will NOT tolerate at any cost is flasehood. To err is human; but accept it and face it is the principle. Do Not keep worrying. State the facts

Seekerstories (sdfasfsdfs)     04 March 2018

@gandhi Mohan I worked for an organization for 2 years ( had signed a 3 year bond with them). I resigned from my work after completing 2 years, because I fell short of the bond period they demanded 3 lakh inr for relieving me, but since I rendered my resignation and served my notice period of 3 months , I left the organization without getting proper relieving formalities. And I left the company saying I'm gonna persue higher studies which I currently am, now I get recommended into a defense force and I have mentioned about my previous employer in the attestation form. Now should I approach my previous employer and sort it out or should I just let it be because I have my copy of resignation letter with me?

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     05 March 2018

Wait till a reply from Defence Forces. As and when they querry you, give full facts without fail.

brijendrasingh   07 March 2018

I am an ex-servicemen. The Armed forces does not ask or insist on Appointment letter or reliving letter. You can speak out the truth  and explain your position.  No questions will be asked further. There is absolutely no need to worry. All the very best for your promising carrier. Make us all proud.

Seekerstories (sdfasfsdfs)     25 March 2018

Will do it for sure sir. Thanks for your time sir.

Seekerstories (sdfasfsdfs)     25 March 2018

@bijenderasingh Thankyou sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register