Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishnan N (IT)     19 February 2019

Assigned plot not given by builder yet after 4 years

Hi,

I booked a plot back in March 2015 for Sq ft at some rate X from a Tier 1 Builder during soft launch. Assigned me a plot number and I paid about 40% of  the total value, but even after 4 years now, they say the original owner is not signing the agreement and not giving the portion of the land where plot is located on that survery number. They have given me options to move to other plots but I wasnt interested. Now couple of months ago, they provided me an option to move to another plot in the same survery number and same row, but I didnt confirm yet.

Now I inquired at plot owners of the same property and came to know that during soft launch the price was about Rs.400-600 less than what I was sold. Now after 4 years price is just 200 rupees up from what I booked. So I feel like I was not given fair price.

Now I thinking of cancelling the plot and getting my money back. Since the builder said the assigned plot wiill not be given due to legal issue, either move to new plot or cancel with no charges.

My question is Can I can cancel and get the money with Interest? If so what is the percentage. Builder says since they are given alternate options, they wont give any interest.

Thank you for any help.

Regards,

Krishna

Learning

2 Replies

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     19 February 2019

Just file a complaint in consumer court and get compansated for the pains you suffered.

Krishnan N (IT)     22 February 2019

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your time and reply. I'll try that option.  Are they legally should return the amount with interest per RERA or some other act in this case, or do I need just ask compensation for delay and pain it caused.

Thank you!

Regards,

Krishna

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register