LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

XYZ (teach)     20 October 2013

Assault by neighbors

I am a single woman staying alone in my own house. My neighbors (who have rented the house ) and I have some disputes and the fights have turned physical a few times. I stay in Salem Tamil NAdu basically from another state working in a government post. All the neighbors are localites and have turned against me. When they throw stones inside my compound wall, I have also retaliated.my neighbor  keeps taking videos and photos of me whenever we argue or fight. I was hurt badly in the nose when they threw stones at me about a month back and my mobile was thrown away by the neighbors. After getting admitted to the hospital I had given a police complaint but nothing happened: The police say there is a complaint against me too by the neighbors. Yesterday again I was hurt badly hit in the head but the police do nothing.I tried  using pepper spray but it was not very useful. They are totally biased against me and threatened with an FIR (both ways) But their behavior was extremely rude towards me . They do not even listen to my complaint or read what I write because I write in English. I have written to higher authorities in the police but feel very insecure in my house I have physical bruises and pains  and medical certificate but the police say all the neighbors give witness against me. Can I take any legal action?

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 October 2013

Madam,

If your complaint lodged with local police has not been attended upon, you may approach the higher police official for relief and in case that is also ineffective, you may approach the District Superintendent of Police directly, you will be certainly entertained by him because you belong to other state and in case there also you do not get justice file a private complaint before a magistrate court

1 Like

Aashish George (lawyer)     20 October 2013

My respected senior Advocate Kalaiselvan ji has rightly answered your query. i suggested you get in touch with a good advocate in your district who has a decent standing and ask him to draft your complaint and then send it to the senior official or you yourself can deliver the same by hand and note down the diary entry no., if the senior official are also not helping then as opined by my senior approach the magistrate court and file your complaint under 156(3) crpc, along with your medical documents, photos and videos to help make a good case.

wishing you luck

regards

aashish george

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register