LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santosh   11 July 2017

Asking share on income from rent before partition

I am having 5 sisters,all married and setteled, my father is having a 2 workshop, I joined him since I was 13 year old and later I handled one workshop independently, I invested lakhs of rupees in that premise as I was there , now due to crunch in business ,I decided to give it for rent and now I am occupied in dad workshop as he is unable to work and I don't want to loose the business we are having right now The income which I get from rent is used for house expence .As there is income from rent my sister's want the share from that rent income ( there is no partition or will made yet by my dad ) My question is .... 1) Does my sisters have equal right in the workshop? 2) m I liable to give the share from the rental income to all 5 sister even though partition is not done ? 3) workshop is my source of income and giving them share mean I have to shut down by business as I don't have a capacity to own new premises to run my workshop.my family will suffer. 4) I am living with my parents at its owned by my father.he is 81 years old and mom is 70 ,I take care of them , do I have to vacate the house after their death ? The will is not yet made, kindly advice

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 July 2017

If it self acquired estate/property NO one has forced share in it, during life time of owner.

The owner (dad) can give by his sweet will.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     12 July 2017

If it's ancestral property your sisters may file a partition  suit  and allotment of their respective shares. If it's self acquiredproperty your sisters don't have any share  in that property and you can deal with that property in whatever ways and manners you like.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 July 2017

Your 1st query suggests that both premises are owned by your father.

Your father can alone can decide to give the premise on rent and to share the rent.

You may request the father to consider the investments made by you in one premise that is given on rent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register